Standard computational methods across many application fields require tessellation in 2D or 3D using triangular or tetrahedral meshes. Tessellation itself is computationally expensive especially in higher dimensions, the result of computation is again discrete, and physical phenomena are not smoothly interpolated. Meshfree methods are scalable for higher dimensions and offer smooth final representation. Meshfree methods lead to a solution of system of linear equations, in general.
Meshfree approach is a hot topic in physical sciences and numerical mathematics
The workshop is intended to exploration of theoretical foundations and applicability of Meshfree methods especially based on Radial Basis Functions methods
- Meshfree methods in engineering problems
- Meshfree methods and differential equations
- Meshfree methods and GIS, CAD/CAM systems
- Meshfree methods in theory and practice
- Meshfree methods and computational and numerical issues
- Meshfree interpolation and approximation methods and large data sets
- Radial Basis Functions (RBF) in computer graphics, visualization etc.
- Meshfree methods in image processing and computer vision
- Meshfree methods and projective space